This website (livewellgastro.com, “site”) provides information of general nature about LiveWell Gastroenterology, PLLC, and may include information about medical conditions requiring the services of a physician. The information is provided with the understanding that we are not engaged in rendering medical advice or recommendations. Any information obtained from this website should not be considered a substitute for consultation with a board certified physician to address individual medical needs. Individual facts and circumstances will determine the treatment that is most appropriate.
Additionally, this site may offer health, fitness and nutritional information and is designed for educational purposes only. You should not rely on this information as a substitute for, nor does it replace, professional medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment. If you have any concerns or questions about your health, you should always consult with a physician or other health-care professional. Do not disregard, avoid or delay obtaining medical or health related advice from your health-care professional because of something you may have read on this site. The use of any information provided on this site is solely at your own risk.
The contents of this website have not been evaluated by the FDA nor approved by any other government or official body. Nothing offered online or offline is intended to diagnose, cure or prevent any disease or disorder of any kind.
Developments in medical research may impact the health, fitness and nutritional advice that appears here. No assurance can be given that the advice contained in this site will always include the most recent findings or developments with respect to the particular material.
If you are in the United States and think you are having a medical or health emergency, call your health care professional, or 911, immediately.
Certain health or medical material on this site may be sexually explicit. Please do not use this site if you would find these materials offensive.
This site is only intended for users within the United States of America. Individuals living outside the United States of American cannot become patients of LiveWell Gastroenterology, PLLC.
Throughout the site, we may provide links and pointers to Internet sites maintained by third parties. Our linking to such third-party sites does not imply an endorsement or sponsorship of such sites, or the information, products or services offered on or through the sites. In addition, neither we nor affiliates operate or control in any respect any information, products or services that third parties may provide on or through the site or on websites linked to by us on the site.
Certain sections of the site may allow you to purchase many different types of products and services online that are provided by third parties. We are not responsible for the quality, accuracy, timeliness, reliability or any other aspect of these products and services. If you make a purchase from a merchant on the site or on a site linked to by the site, the information obtained during your visit to that merchant’s online store or site, and the information that you give as part of the transaction, such as your credit card number and contact information, may be collected by both the merchant and us. A merchant may have privacy and data collection practices that are different from ours. We have no responsibility or liability for these independent policies. In addition, when you purchase products or services on or through the site, you may be subject to additional terms and conditions that specifically apply to your purchase or use of such products or services. For more information regarding a merchant, its online store, its privacy policies, and/or any additional terms and conditions that may apply, visit that merchant’s website and click on its information links or contact the merchant directly. You release us and our affiliates from any damages that you incur, and agree not to assert any claims against us or them, arising from your purchase or use of any products or services made available by third parties through the site.
Your participation, correspondence or business dealings with any third party found on or through our site, regarding payment and delivery of specific goods and services, and any other terms, conditions, representations or warranties associated with such dealings, are solely between you and such third party. You agree that LiveWell Gastroenterology, PLLC shall not be responsible or liable for any loss, damage, or other matters of any sort incurred as the result of such dealings.
Disclosure Of Material Connection
This website may at times have links that are “affiliate links.” This means if you click on the link and purchase the item, we would receive an affiliate commission.
Regardless, we only recommend products or services we use personally and believe will add value to our readers.
We are disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission’s 16 CFR, Part 255: “Guides Concerning the Use of Endorsements and Testimonials in Advertising.”
This Policy was last changed on March 19, 2022.
What Information Do We Collect?
- Personal Information You Provide to Us – We only have access to and collect personal information (information about you that is personally identifiable, such as your name, date of birth, social security number, credit card number, mailing or billing address, telephone number, email address, email preferences, as well as other non-public information that is associated with this personal information (collectively, “Personal Information”)) that you voluntarily give us via email or other direct contact from you. We will not sell or rent your Personal Information to anyone. We are the sole owners of the Personal Information collected on this site.
- Information Collected by Automated Means – Whenever you use the site, we, as well as any of our third-party advertisers and/or service providers, may use a variety of technologies that automatically collect information about how the site is accessed and used (“Usage Information”). Usage Information may include, in part, browser type, operating system, the page served, the time, how many users visited the site, and the website you visited immediately before the site. This statistical data provides us with information about the use of the site, such as how many visitors visit a specific page on the site, how long they stay on that page, and which hyperlinks, if any, they “click” on. Usage Information helps us to keep the site fresh and interesting to our visitors and to tailor content to a visitor’s interests. Usage Information is generally non-identifying, but if we associate it with you as a specific and identifiable person, we treat it as Personal Information.
- Device Identifiers – In the course of collecting Usage Information we may also collect your IP address, MAC Address or other unique identifier (each a “Device Identifier”) for the computer, mobile device, Wi-Fi card, or other technology (collectively, “Device”) you use to access the site. A Device Identifier is a number that is automatically assigned to your Device when you access a web site or its servers. Our computers identify your Device by its Device Identifier. When you visit the sites, we may view your Device Identifier. We use this information to identify repeat visitors to our site. We also may use this information to send you targeted advertisements and to enhance the site. We may associate your Device Identifier with your Personal Information.
The technologies used on the site, including Device Identifiers, to collect Usage Information may include, without limitation:
- Web Beacons – We may also include web beacons (also known as web bugs, Internet tags, pixel tags, tracking pixels and clear GIFs) with the content and ads that we deliver to you, which we will use to collect information regarding your interaction with our content and ads. A web beacon is a transparent graphic image placed on a web page or in an email, which indicates that a page or email has been viewed or that an email has been forwarded. In addition, a web beacon allows third parties to obtain information such as the IP address of the computer that downloaded the page on which the beacon appears, the URL of the page on which the beacon appears, the time the page containing the beacon was viewed, the type of browser used to view the page, and the information in cookies set by the third party. A web beacon may also tell your browser to get content from another server.
Cookies and web beacons (together, “Site Cookies”) may enable us to track and target the interests of our users to enhance the experience on our site, track user actions/behavior on our site and track the effectiveness of ads. Most browsers allow you to refuse to accept cookies and to delete cookies. The methods for doing so vary from browser to browser, and from version to version.
How Do We Use Your Information?
We will use your information to respond to you regarding the reason you contacted us. We will also use your information as follows:
- Contact Forms – In completing a contact form, a user is required to give certain information (such as name, phone number, mailing, and email address). This information is used to contact you about the products/services on our site in which you have expressed interest. If you submit a contact form on our site you will be opting in for us to save your name, email address and other relevant information.
- Orders – We may request information from you on our order form. To buy from us, you must provide contact information (like name and shipping address) and financial information (like credit card number, expiration date). This information is used for billing purposes and to fill your orders. If we have trouble processing an order, we will use this contact information to contact you.
- Surveys and contests – From time-to-time, our site may request information via surveys or contests. Participation in these surveys or contests is completely voluntary and you may choose whether or not to participate and therefore disclose this information. Information requested may include contact information (such as name and shipping address), and demographic information (such as zip code, age level). Contact information will be used to notify the winners and award prizes. Survey information will be used for purposes of monitoring or improving the use and satisfaction of this site.
- Customer Service – Unless you ask us not to, we may contact you via email in the future to tell you about specials, new products or services, or changes to this Policy.
- Chat – Our site may use chat functionality to enable direct communication with you through our site. We will primarily use such information to assess your needs and to gain your contact information so that we may contact you to further discuss our products and/or services.
Do We Share Your Information?
We will not trade, rent, share or sell your Personal Information to third parties unless you ask or authorize us to do so.
Unless you ask or provide your consent to do so, we will not share your Personal Information with any third party outside of our organization, other than with our service providers, including as necessary to fulfill your request, e.g. to ship an order. Only employees who need the Personal Information to perform a specific job (for example, scheduling, billing or customer service) are granted access to Personal Information. The computers/servers in which we store Personal Information are kept in a secure environment.
We may share aggregated demographic information with our partners and advertisers. This is not linked to any Personal Information that can identify any individual person.
Visitor comments may be checked through an automated spam detection service.
We will disclose Personal Information when we believe in good faith that such disclosures (a) are required by law, including, for example, to comply with a court order or subpoena, or (b) will help to: enforce our policies; enforce contest, sweepstakes, promotions, and/or game rules; protect your safety or security, including the safety and security of property that belongs to you; and/or, protect the safety and security of our site or third parties. In addition, if LiveWell Gastroenterology, PLLC or all of its assets are acquired, all of the data collected by us through the site and through other means and services provided by us would be among the transferred assets.
Your Privacy Rights — Access to and Control Over Information
We offer you choices regarding the collection, use, and sharing of your Personal Information. If you receive promotional communications from us, you may indicate a preference to stop receiving further promotional communications from us and you will have the opportunity to “opt-out” by following the unsubscribe instructions provided in the promotional email you receive or by contacting us directly at the email address or phone number given on our site. We do not charge for this service, and your opt-out request will be processed within 30 days of the date on which we receive it.
You can do the following at any time by contacting us via the email address or phone number given on our site:
- See what data we have about you; if any.
- Change/correct any data we have about you.
- Have us delete any data we have about you. This does not include any data we are obliged to keep for administrative, legal, or security purposes.
- Notify us if you do not want us to share your Personal Information for marketing and promotional purposes.
Third Party Advertising
Embedded content from other websites
Articles on this site may include embedded content (e.g. videos, images, articles, etc.). Embedded content from other websites behaves in the exact same way as if the visitor has visited the other website.
We may included links on this website for your use and reference. We are not responsible for the privacy policies on these websites. You should be aware that the privacy policies of these websites may differ from our own.
How long we retain your data
If you complete a contact form, its metadata are retained indefinitely.
Do We Collect Information From Children Under the Age of 13?
The site is not intended for use by children under the age of 13, and LiveWell Gastroenterology, PLLC does not knowingly collect or use any Personal Information from such children. If you are under 13 years of age, you should not register or provide Personal Information on the site or through the Services. If we become aware that we have unknowingly collected Personal Information from a child under the age of 13, we will make commercially reasonable efforts to delete such Personal Information from our database. If you are the parent or guardian of a child whom you believe has disclosed Personal Information to us, please contact us at so that we may delete and remove such child’s information from our systems.
What Steps Do We Take To Protect Your Information?
We take measures designed to protect your Personal Information in an effort to prevent loss, misuse, and unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration, and destruction. We provide physical, electronic, and procedural safeguards to protect Personal Information we process and maintain. Please be aware, however, that despite our efforts, no security measures are perfect or impenetrable and no method of data transmission can be guaranteed against any interception or other types of misuse. To protect the confidentiality of Personal Information maintained in your account, you must keep your password confidential and not disclose it to any other person. You are responsible for all uses of the site by any person using your password. Please advise us immediately if you believe your password has been misused.
As with any of our administrative and legal notice pages, the contents of this page can and will change over time. Accordingly, this page could read differently as of your very next visit. These changes are necessitated, and carried out by Functional Medicine SF, in order to protect you and our http://:functionalmedicinesf.com website. If this page is important to you, you should check back frequently as no other notice of changed content will be provided either before or after the change takes effect.
We place a priority on the security of Personal Information, and we undertake reasonable security measures to protect the data that resides on our servers. We also uses secure server software (SSL) to process all financial transactions that may occur on the site. SSL technology can encrypt Personal Information transmitted over the Internet. However, no security system is impenetrable. We do not warrant the security of our servers, nor do we warrant that your information, including Personal Information, will be completely secure or not be intercepted while being transmitted over the Internet.
This Policy and the privacy practices of LiveWell Gastroenterology, PLLC will be subject exclusively to the laws of the State of Kentucky in the United States. LiveWell Gastroenterology, PLLC makes no representation that this Policy and our practices comply with the laws of any other country or jurisdiction. Users of the site who reside outside the United States do so on their own initiative and are responsible for compliance with local laws, if and to the extent local laws are applicable. If you reside outside of the United States, by using the site, you consent to the transfer, processing, and use of your information outside of your country.
If you have any questions about this Policy, please contact us at P.O. Box 739, Union, KY 41091, or call us at 859-363-5515.